About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, August 21, 2015

 The Northeast Coast (Time-Life American Wilderness Series)The Northeast Coast by Maitland Armstrong
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book has been on my home library shelf since I subscribed to the Time-Life series The American Wilderness. I have always enjoyed the pictures and now I enjoy the text.
The area described ranges from Newfoundland to southern Maine, and it explores the riches of the Continental Shelf, specifically fishing for cod and lobster. At times, this book feels it is mostly about the terns, murres, kittiwakes, and other birds.
I recommend it to other readers who are armchair travelers.


View all my reviews

No comments: