About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, October 12, 2015

 Germs, Genes, & Civilization: How Epidemics Shaped Who We Are TodayGerms, Genes, & Civilization: How Epidemics Shaped Who We Are Today by David P. Clark
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This ebook was free from Barnes and Noble when I downloaded it to my Nook library. I don't recommend any reader spend money to read it because it repeats facts without showing the connection to the MANY premises the author has. The book becomes repetitive and boring.
I did like the four stages of response by political establishment:


1. The problem does not exist.
2. The problem is extremely rare, and in any case, is declining. There are more important things to worry about.
3. The problem has been highly exaggerated by irresponsible activists and popular journalists.
4. There is a serious problem, and we have been doing everything possible to deal with it from the very beginning.


View all my reviews

No comments: