About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Walking with SpringWalking with Spring by Earl V. Shaffer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I enjoy books that take me along with the traveler. I especially enjoy books that take me along with a companion who does not whine. Sure, there was inclement weather and buzzing, biting insects; but Shaffer adapted and kept moving on his Long Cruise.
A favorite quote of mine: "...a reluctance to finish the trip was building up. I almost dreaded the time when the Long Cruise would be over. Trail-hiking had become my way of life. Civilization seemed like such a sham."
I highly recommend this book to all readers.


View all my reviews

No comments: