About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Daughter of Twin Oaks (A Secret Refuge Book #1)Daughter of Twin Oaks by Lauraine Snelling
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was able to read it for free with my subscription to Amazon Prime.
I wanted to read it to assess the level of violence in it before recommending it to my 92-year old father who expressed an aversion to books with killing in it. This is is favorite author so I may ask how he feels about books where the wounded are treated and the dead are buried.
I take 1 star away because this book ends with "WAIT, THERE'S MORE-style ending" and this is just the beginning of a trilogy. If Dad decides he wants to read this Civil War era book, he will want all 3 in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments: