About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Botanical Line Drawing: 200 Step-by-Step Flowers, Leaves, Cacti, Succulents, and Other Items Found in NatureBotanical Line Drawing: 200 Step-by-Step Flowers, Leaves, Cacti, Succulents, and Other Items Found in Nature by Peggy Dean
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I chose this Kindle book because I had been drawing the flowers in Inky Wonderlands with Johanna Basford and I wanted to draw more real flowers. There are no photos of the models that Dean may have used in the book so I have to believe her line drawings are what she named them.
There are always five steps for each illustration. Sometimes I question where she started or question how she got to the next step. There is a Table of Content but no Index.
I used this book to practice line drawings with pencil and then ink the sketch; I practiced with fine liners; I practiced with brush pens. I stored this for reference in case I want to use other media such as color pencils or watercolors.

View all my reviews

No comments: