About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Gatsby GirlsGatsby Girls by F. Scott Fitzgerald
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I downloaded this ebook to my Nook library when Barnes and Noble offered it for free in November 2014. I shelved it with my Nook Classics in my Goodreads library which is more of a location than a shelf.
The eight short stories, inspired by Zelda, were first published in Saturday Evening Post between 1920-1922. I enjoyed these short stories much more than the required Great Gatsby. Even though it has only been 100 years since these were written, I notice a huge difference between what Fitzgerald wrote and my understanding of the culture of the wealthy where these Gatsby Girls flourished attending dances, proms, and seeking husbands likely to maintain a level of society.

View all my reviews

No comments: