About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, February 15, 2024

There's No Coming Back from ThisThere's No Coming Back from This by Ann Garvin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I downloaded this to my Kindle library July 2023 when it was offered as a First Reads selection.
I like Poppy Lively and her Midwestern sense of kindness and decency as she tried to hold onto a job that an old friend helped her get as a "must hire." Poppy is a bright, intelligent woman in a stressful situation with the IRS who wants to protect her daughter's dream of a college education.
The story was so well-written that I found myself underlying some parts. I recommend this to other readers!

View all my reviews

No comments: