About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Benefit Barn Sale

Cousin Lisa and the family of her husband Jim are having a Benefit Barn Sale at their barn this week. There are raffles of donated merchandise from local businesses. All proceeds will go to Jim's brother, John.
At the end of July, John was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Surgery removed a large portion of the baseball-sized tumor. He now faces seven weeks of radiation and chemotherapy treatments to shrink and eradicate the rest of it.
John has two children, a son who is eleven and a daughter who is nine. John is the co-owner of a flooring business in the county seat north of my family porch. He has worked in the flooring business all his adult life.

No comments: