About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Time Traveling with our Travel Group

We had supper at a chain restuarant at an interstate exit with five friends. We met these people last year when we cruised aboard Brilliance of the Seas in the Mediterranean last October and we shared the same dining seating assignment. We had not yet looked at each others' photographs and videos. Ruth and Alva invited the group to their home for dessert and watch Alva's videos. They gave directions to their house, and that's when it started to seem weirdly familiar.
Their directions took us one street past our first house. We lived in this neighborhood in 1975-1977. Their backyard is about three backyards down from our previously owned backyard. As I sit at the table and eat strawberry shortcake, I am aware that Ruth and Alva's house is the same floorplan as our home was. I'm reminded of an Agatha Christie novel where the heroine thought she was having deja vue until Miss Marple solves the mystery that she lived there as a child. (I won't spoil the whodunnit.) Then my attention was on what changes they made to their house from the way I remembered ours.

No comments: