About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Cousin Marcia Had a Stroke or Aneurysm

Christy sends this urgent message.
I just wanted to let you know it looks like Marcia has had a massive stroke. I tried to email all of you before I left to go to N.C. but evidently our email was down.
Pat, her husband, called Dad late Friday afternoon, saying they were careflighting Marcia. At that time they thought she might have a brain aneurysm or a stroke.
Dad and I left Saturday mid morning for North Carolina. We got to see her at 8:00 p.m. that night.
She is paralyzed on her right side. She seems to know who you are, and can only say yes and no at this point. She can move her left side, kick her leg, move her arm and wrist and fingers of her left side. Her right side is completely paralyzed.
Dad and I got to see her again the next day (Sunday) before we had to leave as I had to get back to work. No change
Yesterday(Monday), Pat called and said they did a Probe. They went in through her groin and went into the brain. They said they would not have to fix anything in the brain. He also said they have moved her to the Neuro Unit, so she is out of the Neuro ICCU unit now. That is good news. He also went on to say that they got her up and with Jim's help she was able to stand for 2 to 3 seconds. She was able to brush her teeth with help too.
Time will tell, and she has a long row to hoe, but knowing how she has a lot of mom in her and dad's stubborness she will do it. We are so thankful she is left handed.
I have everyone at school praying for her and I know my friends have sent emails to scores of others, but more prayers for her couldn't hurt, I'm sure they would help. I think her son Jim is taking it the hardest, mainly because he is most like Marcia. Lori is there too, but she doesn't talk about what she feels, she holds it all in like Pat.
I will keep you all updated as we know more.

No comments: