About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Mom's Heart Condition

The date for Mom's surgery will be Jan 9, 2007.
Mom is a candidate for surgery to replace a heart valve, repair two others and do one coronary artery bypass.
This summer she had several appointments with her cardiologist and participated in tests that the cardiologist suggested. She used Toprol XL as part of the treatment since the worst valve is the mitral valve. Her Florida cardiologist wanted yet another test before he sent her records to a heart surgeon. At the December 11 appointment with the heart surgeon, he told her that time had come to schedule the surgery.
I had not yet broadcast this information because more information was always forthcoming.
She has been feeling pretty good as long as she rests more frequently and limits stair climbing to essential travel. Dad is in good health.

No comments: