About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Daughter Discovers a Waterfall

Late Saturday night, Daughter thought she heard water running and she went to the bathroom to see if the faucet dripped. She was horrified to see water pour through light fixtures and vents in her bathroom and storage closet.
She called Emergency Maintenance, and he arrived after midnight to check on it. That worker went to the upstairs apartment to turn off water supply. Water was ankle-deep in their bathroom. He shop-vacced up that water before he returned to shop-vac much of Daughter's problems wherewater also came through all vents in an additional closet and bedroom.
The crisis abated and the only damage to her stuff was to some cardboard boxes stored in her storage closet.
Fans were set up and professional carpet cleaners were scheduled. There is no schedule for the repair of the ceiling and walls.
She just thanks God that this happened while she was home. She was able to move her stuff out of the way of the waterfall.

No comments: