About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Daughter Remembers 15th Anniversary

"Happy Anniversary!, 15 years ago can you believe it!? Thanks for always being there for me. Even when you were dealing with your own worries/anxieties you managed to teach me how to deal with difficult situations and come out of them a better person. So to honor this special anniversary, take some time to be grateful for how lucky and blessed we have been and to laugh a little bit today. Because laughter was always the best medicine. And dad, don't even think about spending all day stressed in front of the computer!!!I love you both very much!
Daughter"

Fifteen years ago Daughter had surgery to correct the scoliosis of her spine. More years have passed since the surgery than her age at the surgery. The surgery is in her background and she is better for having it. No longer are her ribs in such torsion that they could affect her heart or her lungs. This year she sought help from new doctors to prescribe some physical therapy so that she could get the physical training to do exercises properly to keep her back and core muscles strong despite sedentary desk work. Not only did she get them but she does them twice a day! You go, girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daughter just wanted to comment that the physical therapy taught me exercises to use with a stability ball to strengthen my core muscles (abs and back). The co-pay for the appts was the best money I ever spent. I have not had the sharp pains in my lower back since because I am consistently doing those exercises. Which I think is amazing since I used to get sharp back pains at least monthly.
The physical therapy experience taught me to be more of an advocate for my own health, asking for help when something doesn't feel right, and the importance of taking time to workout especially now that I sit at a desk all day. Did I mention the exercises can be done while I watch tv?!