About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Teton Country Anthology Teton Country Anthology by Robert W. Righter


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
"There is no greater wonder in mountain scenery on the continent, than the tendency it has to shorten the distance to the eye and lengthen it to the foot." This quote is from Nathaniel Langford who wrote in the 1870s, when writers did not limit their sentences to 140 characters.

Other contributors to this anthology are: William A. Baillie-Grohman, The Associated Press, William Owen, Owen Wister, Theodore Roosevelt, Major Sir Rose Lambert Price, George Bird Grinnell, Grace Gallatin Seton-Thompson, Stephen Leek, Olaus & Margaret Murie, and Fritiof Fryxell.

Two of my favorite essays are from the section named Seeing and Settling the Country.Fannie Kemble Wister wrote about her summer of 1911 at a dude ranch and Frances Judge wrote about her Gram and Gramps who were 1892 pioneers to the valley. These add to my empathetic imagination for human perspectives to Teton Country.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: