About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Big Bend: A History of the Last Texas Frontier The Big Bend: A History of the Last Texas Frontier by Ronnie C. Tyler


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This information is from the 1975 edition, published by the Superintendent of Documents, Government Printing Office, Washinton DC as this was the edition my library had.

About This Book The Big Bend, an account of human history in one of the most rugged and remote parts of this country, is the collaborative work of the National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior and the Amon Carter Museum of Western Art, Fort Worth. Prepared as a reference companion to an exhibition on the Big Bend presented by the Amon Carter with subsequent at a number of other Texas museums in 1975-76, the volume is intended to supply a needed interpretive narrative for the exhibit to introduce park visitors to the human record in the Big Bend country, and to fill a considerable gap in available professional studies on the Big Bend.


View all my reviews >>

No comments: