About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Lenten Luncheon Cherry Jello Salad

Recipes—Can we ever have enough of them?

This recipe is from the estate of husband's aunt Marjorie. She wrote these recipes for her personal collection. I have no knowledge of where she found them. She was active in her church and I expect this was taken to a carry-in luncheon.

Lenten Luncheon Cherry Jello Salad

Bring to boil the following:

1 cup sugar

1 ½ cups water

Four 3-oz pkgs of cherry Jello (or Two 6-oz pkgs.)

Add: two 20-oz cans tart cherries with juice.

Let cool.

Add: two 20-oz cans crushed pineapple with juice

    1 cup chopped nuts

    12-oz can of cola

Pour into 9x13 Tupperware container. Chill at least six hours of overnight.

Makes a Huge salad. Cut in half for smaller salad.

No comments: