About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

America's Atlantic IslesAmerica's Atlantic Isles by H. Robert Morrison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is another book from my National Geographic Society bookshelf, and now I take the time to read all the text in it.
For the purpose of this book, the Atlantic Isles are divided into six geographic chapters written by either H. Robert Morrison or Christine Eckstrom Lee. The primary photographer is David Alan Harvey. The book was copyrighted in 1981, and yet the text only dates itself in a few areas. I'm sure most of the concerns of the island inhabitants are similar today: how can I continue to live here when the financial considerations impact my worries almost as much as the sea and its weather?
I highly recommend this book for armchair travelers.

View all my reviews

No comments: