About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

The Big Retirement Risk: Running Out of Money Before You Run Out of TimeThe Big Retirement Risk: Running Out of Money Before You Run Out of Time by Erin Botsford
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was recommended to me by my brother and my father.
It is written for a general audience. I don't see much difference in this book and Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominquez and Vickie Robin which I read years ago, and I took that advice to heart. Instead of US Treasuries for a guaranteed income, Botsford recommends annuities to lock-in income for protection. The problem I have with her book is my interpretation she recommended this course of action to her personal clients before the 2008 financial crisis, and she does not give enough information about where their assets were before going into the annuity. Were they in tax-deferred accounts or did they have the assets in taxable accounts?



View all my reviews

No comments: