About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

King Peggy: An American Secretary, Her Royal Destiny, and the Inspiring Story of How She Changed an African VillageKing Peggy: An American Secretary, Her Royal Destiny, and the Inspiring Story of How She Changed an African Village by Peggielene Bartels
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The title and subtitle intrigued me, and the strong recommendations from readers on Goodreads encouraged me to read this book.
King Peggy comes across as strong and still vulnerable to disappointments caused by the behaviors of others. Her indignation becomes righteous and helps her find the reason why her tribe has no money, why the former king must stay in the refrigerator at the morgue until a proper funeral can be hosted, and why the royal palace is in such disrepair. King Peggy is the wise leader we wish all our politicians might be.
The book also provides an introduction to the tribal culture of Ghana in a way that shows us differences and yet helps us find common ground in our humanity.

View all my reviews

No comments: