About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Winston's WarWinston's War by Michael Dobbs
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

When I downloaded Winston's War, it was free from Nook. I shelved it in non-fiction; but it states it is a work of fiction.

I found too many parts of it to be boring for it to rank more than 2 stars as a work of fiction. Uneven pacing and too many characters who were not doing enough interesting things contributed to my boredom. I easily tire of drunken, boorish behavior as exhibited by the politicians, their assistants, and those for whom they rely on information and to spread their point of view.

I don't recommend Winston's War.

View all my reviews

No comments: