About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's CourtA Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was free when I downloaded it to my Nook. I enjoy reading Barnes & Noble Classics on my Nook Tablet or HD+ because I can quickly go to an endnote with a touch on the screen. The endnotes enhance my enjoyment of the classic with definitions and quick explanations of allusions which Twain's first readers were more likely to catch than 21st-century-me.

Twain's commentary on the power of a privileged class seems as timely a discussion with our current 1% as the Gilded age's 1% and Arthur's class of knights and nobility. My favorite quote is "Did you think you had educated the superstition out of these people?"

I recommend this book for all readers.

View all my reviews

No comments: