About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I Shall Not Want: The Psalm 23 Mysteries #2I Shall Not Want: The Psalm 23 Mysteries #2 by Debbie ViguiƩ
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I Shall Not Want was free when I downloaded it to my Nook. I enjoy finding new-to-me authors in cozy mystery genres.

This book dropped from the 3 stars I start with because it had a high body count for a cozy mystery and there were three places in the book when the author broke my suspended belief: when the point of view switched from Cindy to Jeremiah; when Joseph could not smell a decomposing corpse in his own mansion; and when all stores were closed on a holiday so Cindy could not smell Old Spice. This fictional town with two homicide detectives in its police department does not have a 24-hour Walgreens? The rating did not slip all the way down to 1 star because I returned to the book to read how the author would wrap up things.

I recommend I Shall Not Want to fans of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments: