About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Sweet BaklavaSweet Baklava by Debby Mayne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sweet Baklava was free when I downloaded it to my Nook library. The author was new to me, and I enjoy reading books in the Christian romance genre.

Another Goodreads reviewer, Barbara, noted inconsistencies between the characters who have Greek heritage and how real people with similar backgrounds would be more likely to attend a Greek Orthodox church than an evangelical church. This made Nick more of a caricature of the romantic lead than he needed to be. I found enough inconsistencies with Paula as the owner-operator of an expanding candle and soap business to make her also a caricature of the heroine. I'm sure the Hallmark movie channel could easily cast them with actors from their stable of performers. The story is still entertaining.

I recommend it for fans of the genre of Christian romance. I don't recommend it to readers who want anything more than to be entertained for as long as it takes to read the book.

View all my reviews

No comments: