About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, July 03, 2014

A Chain of Thunder (Civil War: 1861-1865, Western Theater, #2)A Chain of Thunder by Jeff Shaara
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Chain of Thunder is the second book of the Civil War:1861-1865, Western Theater trilogy, and I enjoyed this book as much as I did the first one.

This is the story of Vicksburg campaign told in a narrative style that uses the view points of Federal generals Grant and Sherman, Confederate general Pemberton, a Federal infantryman, and a Vicksburg civilian. My preferences were for the chapters about the infantryman and the civilian because empathizing with these people and their roles were easier to do than making the hard choices the generals did.

I recommend this book for all readers, especially those who have an interest in this period of our American history.

View all my reviews

No comments: