About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Cactus Country (The American Wilderness)Cactus Country by Edward Abbey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cactus Country is part of the American Wilderness series by Time-Life books, when it was sold by subscription in 1973. I have always enjoyed the pictures, and now I take the time to enjoy the text written by Edward Abbey.
I am not a naturalist: what I hope to evoke through words here is the way things feel on stormy desert afternoons, the exact shade of color in shadows on the warm rock, the brightness of October, the rust and silence and echoes of human history along dusty desert roads, the fragrance of burning mesquite, and a few other simple, ordinary, inexplicable things like that.

i recommend this for all readers.

View all my reviews

No comments: