About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Lonely Planet Vanuatu & New CaledoniaLonely Planet Vanuatu & New Caledonia by Lonely Planet
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had to go online to find a travel guide for this area. Neither my library nor my bookstores stocked this book. I will be traveling by cruise ship to the area and I needed information.

This book provides history, geography, and information about flora and fauna which I look for in a travel guide. I like the medical information too. Even if I will only be in an area for less than ten hours, I want to know the sights to see and how this place may be unique in the world. There is not much special information for the cruise ship tourist. The author lists some of the cruise ship terminals and that the board of tourism will likely be close.

I recommend the book to all readers who have an interest in this topic.


View all my reviews

No comments: