About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Allies and Enemies: How the World Depends on BacteriaAllies and Enemies: How the World Depends on Bacteria by Anne E. Maczulak
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was free when I downloaded it to my Nook library on June 15, 2012.
Maczulak writes so this subject holds the attention for a general interest reader.  I learned a lot of information that has occurred since I studied microbiology 42 years ago such as DNA can be used to identify the source of a bacterial contaminant and rule out others.
I recommend it to readers of non-fiction with an interest in this area. Others may struggle with the names assigned to the bacteria.


View all my reviews

No comments: