About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

 My Family Record Book: The Easy Way to Organize Personal Information, Financial Plans, and Final Wishes for Seniors, Caregivers, Estate Executors, etc.My Family Record Book: The Easy Way to Organize Personal Information, Financial Plans, and Final Wishes for Seniors, Caregivers, Estate Executors, etc. by Harris Rosen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was recommended to me, and other members of genealogy groups, by Thomas MacEntee. It was free when I downloaded it to my Kindle app. It may still be free for you.
The easy way mentioned in the subtitle is to use Word to make a document and to use its Insert Table function to make information easy to find, read, and use for our survivors. His good advice includes making a table of telephone numbers for your aquaintances (such as golfing buddies or Red Hat club members) that your survivors may not know you want to let them know that you passed. He also suggests tables for chores usually done by only one person in the family so the others may learn where to find the checkbooks and savings books, where to go for oil changes, how to start the lawn mower or the washing machine. The hard part of this book remains actually completing your own information and getting cooperation from others so you may write down their information.
I recommend this to EVERYONE, even if you are extremely young with your whole life ahead of you.


View all my reviews

No comments: