About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, September 18, 2015

Blue Hole Back HomeBlue Hole Back Home by Joy Jordan-Lake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was free when I downloaded it to my Nook library from Barnes and Noble.
We meet Shelby Lenoir as an adult who works and lives in Boston.  The story shifts to her life in 1979 North Carolina during the summer she meets Farsanna, an immigrant from Sri Lanka.  I like the character development of this story.
I recommend it to all readers who enjoy historical fiction for the author accurately depicts 1979.  


View all my reviews

No comments: