About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, September 28, 2017

  Shakespeare Saved My Life: Ten Years in Solitary with the BardShakespeare Saved My Life: Ten Years in Solitary with the Bard by Laura  Bates
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book will be the October selection for my book club, so I borrowed it on the Hoopla app from my local library. I doubt I would have selected it for its topic without the book club.
There were some parts I found difficult to read because I felt manipulated by the author to have more empathy for Larry than I would have given him from another person's telling of his story. It did make me question my previous belief about the need for correctional education. I look forward to book club's discussion.
I recommend it to other book clubs and their readers.


View all my reviews

No comments: