About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, September 01, 2017

The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American AppetiteThe End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite by David A. Kessler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I wanted to read this book because I had a difficult time controlling food cravings that I felt was provoked by exposure to high fructose corn syrup during periods of physical and emotional stress. This book explained why some of my cravings may have been manipulated by the food industry's choices by the addition of extra sugar, fat, and salt and by the marketing that may condition me to use food as a reward. I learned how "...cues, priming, and emotional triggers all drive conditioned hypereating." The second part of the book suggests different techniques to disrupt the cue-urge-reward-habit cycle. I have high hopes as I put these strategies into actions.
I recommend this book to all readers.


View all my reviews

No comments: