About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Widow of Gettysburg (Heroines Behind the Lines: Civil War #2)Widow of Gettysburg by Jocelyn Green
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I downloaded this ebook to my Nook library when it was free from Barnes and Noble because I like historical fiction. It is the second book in the series, Heroines Behind the Lines. Since this is the second book, I had an expectation of this author's style, and I still find her storytelling to be uneven as Green has a tendency to use the characters to get preachy directly to the reader. Green bases her fictional character on research into historical characters and sometimes combines too many problems for this one character to resolve.
I recommend this book to fans of the author.


View all my reviews

No comments: