About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, February 24, 2019

The Indigo GirlThe Indigo Girl by Natasha Boyd
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book will be the selection for my book club's March meeting. It was recommended to our group by a member who suggests well-researched historical fiction.
The fictional part is the story and dialogue the author imagines from the historical facts of the life of Eliza Lucas that begins when she is 16-years old in colonial South Carolina in 1739. The section, "A Note From The Author" explains which characters were fiction and how she used historical facts to justify their creation. The Epilogue adds more about the later years of Eliza and two of her descendants.
Discussion questions are available at the end of the book or on the author's website. I recommend this book for other book clubs and readers who want to read about our colonial history. I consider it suitable for young adult readers who may need extra credit for an American history class. 



View all my reviews

No comments: