About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Cornhole replaces Co-ed Naked Volleyball

"Come to our picnic because we play coed naked volleyball." That was always the way that Tena invited her family and friends. It may have been her way of screening out the relatives who are disapproving prudes. She also enjoyed a good game of volleyball. It was more barnyard volleyball than naked volleyball. We did not pay attention to setting up spikes or digging a pancake. The object was to get it over the net and keep it in play so that you did not give a point to the other team. Knee injuries sidelined Tena last year. This year we had a Cornhole tournament.
Teams were put together randomly when numbers were drawn from a hat. Brackets were set up, and two games were played at the same time. Host and I were on different teams. Both of our teams were out in the first round. Host's team was the first to be skunked, 11-0. The winning team was Aaron and Judy. Cornhole is more inclusive than volleyball as the age of players were from 11 to 79.
The food as always was wonderful and abundant. I never cook many of these recipes at home, so I cannot wait to treat myself to a sticky roll or several pieces of pie. My roasted sweet potato salad cannot compete with Helen's homemade toffee-flavored ice cream, even if sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene.
Our thanks to Mike and Tena for hosting this picnic again this year.

No comments: