About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

We welcome our first grandchild


A Son (Grandson) was born to Son and Daughter-in-law at 11:34 PM on Friday, July 21. He weighs 7 pounds 6 ounces. He has ten fingers and ten toes. His hair is dark and plenty of it. He is the cutest baby in the world. Like his Dad was, he is alert and curious.

Daughter-in-law was in labor for more than 21 hours and delivery (push, push, push) took 35 minutes.

Host, Daughter and I were able to be at the hospital for more than thirteen hours. We spent most of the time in the same room with Son and Daughter-in-Law. We moved to the waiting room as delivery began. Fireworks were in the sky, visible from the window of the waiting room,at the same time as the birth.

No comments: