About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Waiting for Godot/collecting my pension

My 55th birthday was in April. I knew that I could start to collect my frozen-since-1996 defined-benefit pension the month after my 55th birthday. The associate website changed as the company for which I once worked was taken over by a bond bully, subsequently merged and then a new company formed. The promise of 8-10 days for my paperwork to arrive was not met. Even though the retirement processing center had sufficient information from the questions I answered on the website to know that I qualified, the representative told me that they would need 45 business days to mail the forms to me, and he whispered that I should call back to make sure that I had all forms completed precisely as needed, "The process will take an additional 45 days after all paperwork in received by us."
Twenty-one business days after I started this project, I received the paperwork, completed it and had spouse's signature notarized. I verified I had all necessary pages completed the way that it was supposed to be and I mailed it by certified mail on the twenty-second day. Yes, you can bet that I photocopied every thing.
It has been twenty-seven business days and I'm waiting for the postal receipt. I'll keep updating this post to do something productive with my emotional energy attached to this project .
I received the postal receipt on the 29th business day.
No payment was deposited for the month of July. I made a phone call and learned it is still in process.
A calendar month has elapsed since I received that postal receipt.

No comments: