About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

The Forgotten Garden is the June selection for the book club at our local library, and I hope other members find as much to like about this book as I did.
I love the pacing and plotting of scenes this authoress did to inform the reader while she plaited and braided the scenes from the lives of Eliza, Nell and Cassandra that kept me curious until the end of the book.
Two of my favoite quotes from the book are: "...the power of stories. Their magical ability to refill the wounded part of people." and
"That was the nature of history, of course, notional, partial, unknowable, a record made by the victors."

I gave this novel five stars for I may re-read it some day.

No comments: