About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, May 28, 2010

The Sierra Club Nature Writing Handbook: A Creative Guide The Sierra Club Nature Writing Handbook: A Creative Guide by John A. Murray


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
If you enjoy reading from the genre of nature writing, this book is worth owning for its "Bibliography of Works Cited" and "Recommended Reading." I'm sure you would find some new favorites to inspire you.
At the end of each chapter are action items to help the aspiring writer practice the craft. While these items appear simple, they are not easy. They truly challenge you to improve. Perhaps his best advice came in the chapter about workshops, "Taking well-intentioned advice from the wrong source has destroyed or crippled many a work in progress."

View all my reviews >>

No comments: