About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

On the Brink of Tomorrow: Frontiers of Science (Special Publications)On the Brink of Tomorrow: Frontiers of Science by Derek DeSolla Price

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was published 29 years before I read it so I expected some things to be commonplace. Many of the predicted benefits in the chapter about medical science have been used successfully to diagnose and treat heart and cardiovascular diseases for my parents. There are still other areas that need more exploration.

The contributing authors are Derek deSolla Price, Donald D. Clayton, Bradford A. Smith, J. Tuzo Wilson, Richard F. Thompson, Anthony Cerami, and Solomon H. Snyder. Some of the writing was uneven enough my reading attention strayed.



View all my reviews

No comments: