About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, November 07, 2011

I Am Half-Sick of Shadows (Flavia de Luce #4)I Am Half-Sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


As soon as I learned there would be another Flavia de Luce mystery, I requested it from my library. I am thoroughly entertained by this eleven-year-old girl who uses the chemistry lab to mix up birdlime to trap Father Christmas. If you are a reader of the series, you quickly find characters who inhabit her world. It is plausible that her father agrees a movie crew can film at their estate to supply money that is is needed, and this provides more people for for Flavia to be curious about. A murder occurs during a blizzard that traps many townspeople at the estate too, and the story becomes a country estate murder story that will keep you reading and guessing.

I recommend it to fans of the series, and suggest new readers start with the first,The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.



View all my reviews

No comments: