About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Desert RealmThe Desert Realm by National Geographic Society
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of many books on my National Geographic Society shelf, and I read all the text which accompanies the amazing pictures of the seven major desert regions of Earth.
The text teaches without boring. This was published in 1982, and some of the questions about the promise of jojoba oil seem dated. The Landsat photos were wonderous at the time, and now we have earthobservatory.nasa.gov available on our home computers.
If this book is still on your bookshelf, I recommend the text and the pictures.

View all my reviews

No comments: