About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Exploring America's Scenic HighwaysExploring America's Scenic Highways by National Geographic Society
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I ownh a shelf of books by National Geographic Society, and now I have the time to read them cover to cover instead of only looking at the pictures or reading only a chapter while planning a vacation.
I appreciate the writing by the authors: Leslie Allen, Toni Eugene, Christine Eckstrom Lee, Tom Melham, Cynthia Russ Ramsay, Gene S. Stuart, Jennifer C. Urquhart, and Suzanne Venino. Their different voices tell the different stories of the distinct American scenic highways. The principal photographers are Terry Eiler, Dewitt Jones, and Steve Wall. These photographers had to do more than stop at scenic overlooks to capture the regions of continental America. I have been fortunate enough to travel four of the eight, and this book whetted my appetite to travel the rest.
I recommend this for armchair travelers and all those ready to explore.

View all my reviews

No comments: