About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Book of Kells: An Illustrated Introduction to the Manuscript in Trinity College, DublinThe Book of Kells: An Illustrated Introduction to the Manuscript in Trinity College, Dublin by Bernard Meehan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a souvenir of my short visit to the Book of Kells exhibit during a visit to Dublin.
The text explains the history, some of the more important folio pages, the materials used, and some of the decorative themes. The text had too many reference notes to make smooth reading for me.

View all my reviews

No comments: