About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Voyages to Paradise: Exploring in the Wake of Captain Cook (Special Publications Series 15, No. 4)Voyages to Paradise: Exploring in the Wake of Captain Cook by William R. Gray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Voyages to Paradise is another book that has been on my National Geographic Society bookshelf for 31 years. I have always enjoyed the photographs by Gordon W. Gahan, and now I enjoyed the text by William R. Gray.
Gray writes a history lesson about Captain James Cook and his three voyages of exploration that goes far beyond the information taught in my U.S. classrooms. Gray and Gahan traveled for a year to "retrace the life and travels of the man who opened up more of the world than anyone before him."
I recommend this book to armchair explorers.


View all my reviews

No comments: