About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Monique and the Mango Rains: Two Years with a Midwife in MaliMonique and the Mango Rains: Two Years with a Midwife in Mali by Kris Holloway
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Monique and the Mango Rains has been on my to-read list for several years. It was recommended by a booklist from my public radio station.
The author Kris Holloway was a Peace Corps volunteer in Mali where she learned from the midwife Monique how to help a village. The author does a good job describing the village and how their culture works for them.
I recommend this book for armchair travelers and for readers who enjoy memoirs with a theme of friendship.

View all my reviews

No comments: