About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Blue Light ProjectThe Blue Light Project by Timothy Taylor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received The Blue Light Project as a Free Friday Selection from Nook over a year ago, and its light price is currently $10.68.
It is a well-written book which I am not going to be recommending to any of my friends soon. It is currently a bit too close to current events: an unidentified man storms a television studio and takes hostages in the book while the news is still full of stories about the shootings in the theater in Aurora, Colorado.
It might be good for discussions in a book club because its themes are about the clash between street art and advertising, fame and uncivil actions hidden from the public eye, and the formations of mobs.

View all my reviews

No comments: