About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

25 Days to Better Thinking & Better Living: A Guide for Improving Every Aspect of Your Life25 Days to Better Thinking & Better Living: A Guide for Improving Every Aspect of Your Life by Linda Elder
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I can use the same review for Discover the Power of Critical Thinking for they are essentially the same book, just different editions.
I downloaded this book when it was free from Barnes and Noble.com's Nook store.

This is the kind of book you wish some other people would read before they would even open their mouths; and yet, I would not recommend it as the best source of information about critical thinking for there is too much self-reference in such statements as "read our other books and visit our website." Too frequently in the examples of how to come to a critical thought is a liberal viewpoint without sufficient supporting analysis. To use their words, there may be a socio-centric bias.

I have no problems with the twenty-five themes we readers are asked to examine, and I like the suggestions for backward reading which is reading the works of critical thinkers from previous eras

View all my reviews

No comments: