About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, July 22, 2013

The Journey HomeThe Journey Home by Michael Baron
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This ebook was free when I downloaded it from BN.com to my Nook. I'm grateful to BN.com for the opportunity to try new-to-me authors and sometimes for books I would not want to pay to read. I knew this was likely to be a book I would not want to pay for when page 2 is headed as "Raves for Michael Baron" and the first review by RT Book Reviews begins, "Nicholas Sparks fans will rejoice..."

The ebook is short, only 146 pages, and the sentence structures used can be quickly scanned to move the reader along. Yes, it is Christian fiction, and I still want to challenge with why is this not simply-imagined fantasy from the sub-genre of magical realism for the hope that patients with Alzheimer or senile dementia are happy in a world of memories where it becomes easier to communicate with the dead than with the living.

I know there are readers who will enjoy this. I'm not one of them, and I don't recommend it.

View all my reviews

No comments: