About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

On Sparrow HillOn Sparrow Hill by Maureen Lang
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I downloaded this ebook to my Nook, it was free from BN.com. I appreciate the opportunity to read a new-to-me author.

I liked how two love stories are told by this author. Rebecca Seabrooke is attracted to her employer Quentin. When she finally admits Quentin likes her too, she can still justify her reasons why this relationship will not work. The story of Berrie and Simon McFarland is told as Rebecca transcribes historical letters. I like the way Lang introduces the Christian elements into the stories for it comes as part of the characters. I did not feel this author was preaching to her readers instead of developing her characters as happens in too much mediocre Christian fiction. Lang may have written the supporting character Dana a bit too shrill when the topic was fragile x.

I recommend this book for all readers of romance.

View all my reviews

No comments: