About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, August 04, 2013

Ilse Witch (Voyage of the Jerle Shannara, #1)Ilse Witch by Terry Brooks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ilse Witch is the twenty-second book I read as a part of my quest to read the Shannara books in their chronological order. It has been on our home library shelf for thirteen years, puchased by my husband who prefers to wait to read the books of a series once the author completes the series.

The last book I read, Talismans of Shannara only received a three-star rating from me, and I was in no hurry to start the next trilogy. This book is back up to four-stars for I liked this generation of characters and the airship battles.

Ilse Witch is a good start of a Shannara trilogy for a first time reader and an enjoyable read for fans of the Shannara world.

View all my reviews

No comments: